Hudson David, you are 5 months old! I think back to this time last year, and it's crazy to me that you were only a little bean growing in Mommy's belly. Now you are here with us and you are a happy, active little boy! You have the best little personality and we just feel so blessed to have you in our lives!
This month has been full of fun with you, little man! I think I say that every month, but it's true! You rolled a couple of times from your back to your belly, but you still haven't really gotten into rolling like I thought you would. You prefer to scoot or turn to reach your toys when you are on your belly. I am still thinking that you are going to skip to crawling before you use rolling as a method of getting places. When we are holding you, or if you are sitting in anything, you are the biggest wiggle worm! No sitting still for you! You want to reach out and touch anything you can get your hands on, or bring it straight to your mouth. Your hands are still constantly in your mouth too, and the drool is out of
control! You soak your outfits, and get drool all over Mommy and Daddy.
Still no concrete evidence of teeth, but all of this drool is making me
think that they have to be coming soon. For now, we will just continue
to do laundry every day :) You also like to reach out and touch/grab people's faces. All of that energy you have means that you don't really snuggle much anymore, which makes Mama and Daddy kind of sad. Usually we can get a little bit of snuggle action first thing in the morning or when you are getting tired before a nap. I soak in those moments any chance I get!
You had an ear infection this month, and when you went to the doctor, they also cleaned out your ears really well. Ever since then, you have been back to your talkative little self. A lot of times you will coo and talk on and on for several minutes, and then end in a high pitched scream. It's as if you are working up to a grand finale. Other times you will listen to us and watch our lips as we talk to you, and then will respond back. I love having "conversations" with you! Sometimes I swear it sounds like you are saying actual words, but I know it's just you imitating sounds.
This was a big month for you in the food department as well. Not too long after your 4 month check-up, we noticed that you were increasingly interested in our food and were enthralled with watching us eat. So, we decided to try some rice cereal to see if you were ready for something more. And boy did you LOVE IT! It took you a couple of tries to really get the hang of how to eat it - you wanted to keep your fingers in your mouth and would stick your tongue out sometimes too. Now you are pretty much a pro, opening up wide for a bite and trying to help mommy hold the spoon! You still breastfeed 3 times a day and have three 6 oz bottles during the day. You are a healthy, growing boy who loves his food! You are wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes, and some 6 month outfits in certain brands. You are still long and lean, but you still have some baby rolls that are so adorable.
Every month is a new adventure with you, and we are enjoying every second! We love you little man!
Monday, September 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment