Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Fun Saturday!

Kyle left Saturday afternoon to go to the Indy 500 with his brother and Papa Rick. We snuck in a morning walk at the park - one of our new favorite things to do on the weekends. We walked a good 4-5 miles, and Hudson did great. He did want to get out and stretch his legs for a little bit though. He was cracking us up when he started RUNNING down the sidewalk, with his arms back behind him like he was flying. He was laughing and cheesing the whole time. Oh how this little man makes us smile!





He just had to drink from Mama's cup after his exhausting walk



After our walk, Kyle left for his trip and Hudson took a nice little nap. When he woke up, we packed our things and headed over to YaYa's house to sleep over for the night. Since the weather was a perfect 72 degrees, we decided to head to the Zoo with Yaya and Auntie E for the afternoon. There was a lot of pointing and "dis?" and "dat?" questions from Hudson. He loved the animals!


The elephants were out and ready to play!





The hippo wanted to check Hudson out up-close. Hudson laughed at first, and then got really freaked out. It was a little TOO close, I guess! He seemed to like that the gorilla was a little further away.




We got tired of pulling the wagon, so we put Hudson to work. No, really, it was hysterical. He just randomly started pushing the wagon with ALL of his strength. He was grunting and everything. Look at the head-down form! It kinda looks like he enjoys manual labor, no? ;)




This is a picture of a picture from YaYa's camera, but I just couldn't leave out this moment. I got a soft serve cone, and Hudson and I shared it. He got in a few licks, and even tried to hold the cone by himself. I might have created an ice cream monster!


That night, after Hudson went down for bed, Yaya and I got in the hot tub and had a few glasses of wine. Perfect ending to a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Kyle. As Hudson gets older, he is looking more and more like his mommy! Love the zoo pics!

    ReplyDelete