Friday, June 13, 2014

Baby Girl has a name!


I think mostly everyone knows her first name now, but I have been waiting to post it until we had decided on the full name. Without further adieu, little miss will be named:


Sloane Olivia


We love it! Kyle and I have both actually liked the name Sloane since I was pregnant with Hudson. I had heard it before and liked it, and then Kyle mentioned randomly one night that he liked it after he saw a character with that name on the TV show Entourage. So it's been at the top of our list ever since! We did have another strong contender for the first name - Aria - but after finding out that it is growing in popularity due to a couple of TV shows, and thinking that it might be confusing on how to pronounce it, we decided that we liked Sloane better. And, we decided at around 16 weeks, which is a record for us. It took FOREVER to decide on Hudson's name! Plus I think Sloane sounds great with Hudson. According to my BFF, Brittney, you have to make sure it sounds good together when you are yelling at them. "Hudson and Sloane, please stop fighting!" Yup - sounds good to me! ;)

Now with the middle name, we had a little bit harder of a time because we didn't feel like there were a lot of names that flowed well with Sloane. We thought about trying to use a family name or something with a little more meaning (Hudson has Kyle's middle name), but again, nothing seemed to flow. I have always loved the middle name Elise, and we probably would have gone with that, but then Kyle brought up Olivia one day. We got really crazy with it and realized that if we used Olivia, then all 3 names would have 6 letters in them, 6-6-6. I know that no one would probably ever think about that, but it did scare us off for a minute. After thinking on it for a few weeks, we decided that we both liked Olivia the best and decided to let the whole 6-6-6 thing go. We were going a little too deep I think :)Anyway, time to get monogramming! ;)

1 comment: