Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bumpdate - 24 Weeks


Marination Time: 24 weeks! Little Miss is almost a foot long and weighs almost a pound! Only 4 more weeks in the 2nd trimester - time is flying! Not a great picture, but we don't have a good mirror at our house, so I snapped one at YaYa's house this weekend. Looking at the picture from 24 weeks with Hudson, I think I look pretty similar actually. It's hard to tell since I am wearing totally different clothing. I must have really popped around this time with Hudson - click here to see 24 weeks with him. 



Gender: Confirmed yet again at my ultrasound this week that she's still a GIRL :) A separate post is to come very soon about her full name. We have officially decided!

Legs up over her head - dancer or gymnast in the making?

Hard to tell, but she's yawning. Growing is exhausting!

Feeling: Overall, good! Still pretty tired after a long day, and I have some discomfort that comes along with getting bigger. My lower back has been hurting a little at night and heartburn has starting rearing it's ugly head when I eat certain things. Tums to the rescue! I also have noticed that if I pick up Hudson too much or don't stay on top of my water intake, I've had some tightening/discomfort - Braxton Hicks! I never had these with Hudson, so it's a new feeling for me, but the doctor said it's perfectly normal. I just have to drink lots and lots of water and be careful how much I try to do with Hudson. 

Cravings/Aversions: No real aversions (FINALLY!), other than the heartburn thing that has made some foods a little less appealing to eat. Sour candy is still pretty appetizing, but otherwise I haven't had any specific cravings. While on vacation, I also indulged in quite a bit of ice cream :)

Movement: She is a mover! Even the ultrasound tech said she was a hyper child, as her heart rate was at 155 this week. You can feel her moving from the outside now, and I've even seen my belly poke out a little with a few of her stronger kicks. Pretty amazing considering she's only 1 pound! I feel her move mostly after I eat, but she's also started having a party after I lay down to go to sleep at night. 

Sleep: Sleep has been great! I am super tired when my head hits the pillow at night, so I pretty much just crash. Still haven't had to get up for potty breaks in the middle of the night, so that's nice!

#2 compared to #1: Not too much of a difference, other than the obvious fact that I have Hudson running around and to take care of. It's definitely hard to get through bath and bedtime some nights because I'm just so tired. But I wouldn't trade that time with Little Man for anything! I also have only bought 1 item of clothing for baby girl thus far, which is just crazy. I'm pretty sure Hudson had a full wardrobe by now and we were already getting his nursery set up. 2nd child problems...

Highlight of the week: Getting to see baby girl at the ultrasound and knowing that she is healthy! We had an ultrasound for them to look at her heart and spine a little better because she was not cooperating the last time, and everything checked out great. I'm not going to complain about getting to see her so often! She is also currently head down, which can always change, but let's just hope she stays that way and doesn't stress us out like big brother did. 

Big Brother Update: Hudson is at such a fun age and seriously cracks us up non-stop with the things he says and does. He is VERY independent these days and is always saying things like "I can do it myself - like a big boy." Oy! His energy level is ramping up a bit, and we are definitely learning that he is ALL BOY! He does have a very sweet and sensitive side though too, and I cherish his morning cuddles and random hugs and kisses when I get them! He now says 100% of the time that he is having a baby sister, and he knows her name and where she is (in Mama's belly). I'm still not sure he knows what that means for him, but I think he's excited. Here are some funny/cute things he has said about her:

"She can come out now?"

"She has to grow and grow, and then she can come out?"

"When she come out, she will play with me?"

"We can't step on her?" (with a very concerned look on his face)

And then my most favorite conversation the other day:

Me: Alright buddy, you need to finish up so you can go to school. Mama isn't going to ride with you today because I have to go to the doctor.

Hudson: I no go to the doctor

Me: No, Hudson doesn't have to go to the doctor. Mama is going to the doctor to check on your baby sister.

Hudson: They get her out?

Me: No, not yet buddy. She still has to grow and grow a little bit longer before she can come out.

Hudson: (looking me up and down, very intently) She's going to come out of your arm?

Me: (laughing hysterically) ummm, no buddy, she's going to um, come out of Mama's belly...

Hudson: yeah...

So there ya have it. I almost had to have "the talk" with my 2 year old. Here's some pics of Big Brother.

Hudson has been really into building forts lately

Reading with Daddy in the fort

"I cold Mama"

A boy and his Legos. He loves to knock it over when it's really tall

Playing soccer with Daddy. Love this moment between them!

Pool time with his main squeeze, Maddie

Sure, I'll squirt your bum! This actually scares me a little ;)

That slide is SO FUN!

I'm a silly boy with the BEST and CRAZIEST bed head around!


No comments:

Post a Comment