Last Thursday, we went to Dave and Tara's house for a cookout celebration for the couple with friends and some of their out of town guests. Dave and Tara grilled out and everyone brought yummy side dishes. We made the infamous cheesy potatoes - a recipe from my friend Sarah's mom. I actually made these for the first time for Ronny & Kristin's engagement party, and they were such a hit that it is now my go-to recipe for pot-lucks. It's super easy and yummy!
Cheesy Potatoes
(This makes a 9X13 pan)
You need:
4-5 cans of sliced potatoes
Season to taste with dried onion flakes and Kroger's creole seasoning (I usually put a dusting over the whole pan of potatoes)
1 lb of Velveeta cheese
1 stick of margarine/butter
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Drain potatoes and dump in the pan
Cut cheese and margarine into smaller chunks and place in pan with potatoes.
Cover with tin foil and put in oven
Let margarine and cheese melt (about 15 min)
Remove and stir melted cheese and margarine until potatoes are covered and mixed well
Remove tin foil and place back in oven and continue cooking until it browns over (Usually about 30-45 minutes)
Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at Captain's Quarters. The room at Captain's Quarters had a beautiful view overlooking the river at sunset! Dinner was great, and we enjoyed the live music outside afterwards for a little bit before heading home to get some sleep!
Saturday was the wedding, and everything turned out so great! Kristin looked beautiful and she and Ronny looked so happy! On the drive from the wedding to the reception there was a massive storm - it was practically like driving through a tornado. I was driving by myself since Kyle was in the wedding party, and I had to pull over for a couple of minutes because I couldn't see. After the storm passed, there were trees and branches down everywhere and thousands of people were left without power. Luckily the reception site was still up and running. After the brief but crazy storm, the rain went away and the weather was beautiful for the rest of the evening! We had a great time with all of our friends celebrating the wonderful couple and dancing the night away. Kyle was very into the dancing, as you will see below :)
I took these photos from a friends facebook album because I was not a good photographer that night (thanks Rebecca!)
![]() |
| The new Mr. and Mrs. Hays! |
![]() |
| Happy couple! |
![]() |
| Kyle on the ground during Shout... |
![]() |
| Dancing with the bride |
![]() |
| I'm on a boat! |






No comments:
Post a Comment