Saturday, September 17, 2011

BUSY...

...is an understatement! If you add VERY, crazy or extremely in front of busy, that might be a little more accurate of our lives these days! I have wanted to update the blog so many times, but work and time with friends and family definitely comes first!

This time of year is always crazy for me at work, and it just so happens that Kyle is pretty busy at work right now too. We've been working late, or coming home on time and then getting on our laptops to work some more after dinner. I can't complain too much though - we are both blessed to have good jobs! It's just exhausting! I even told Kyle the other day that, although it sounds crazy, all I want is time to clean the house and catch up on laundry. Our house is a disaster and I think we've cooked at home 3 or 4 times in the past 2 weeks. We both have had a little cold/allergies/congestion on top of it all! BUT - such is life! Hopefully we will be able to slow down a little over the next couple of weeks and get back into our normal schedule!

Here's a little bit of what we've been up to:

• We spent a long weekend in Charleston, South Carolina August 25-29. Hurricane Irene threatened to ruin our trip, but we ended up only getting some rain the first day we were there. The rest of the weekend was sunny and beautiful! I'll do a separate post about our trip soon (along with our Europe re-cap that I still need to do, 4 months later...)



• We added quarter round to all of the trim around the house - one more house project checked off the list! This is something we've wanted to do ever since we moved in, so we were happy to get that done! Even though it's not really an exciting project, it really does make everything look more finished!

• We went out on the boat a couple of weekends ago with Kyle's parents. That Saturday the temperature was over 100 degrees, so the water felt amazing! Since then, the weather has been fluctuating between the lower 60's and mid-80's, so who knows if we'll make it out again. I'm definitely loving the cooler weather and looking forward to fall and the holidays, but it's always sad to say goodbye to summer. Especially since we've had so many fun weekends on the boat this summer!

• We made our first trip to Hubers for apple picking! We had a great time with friends and have been enjoying the amazing fresh apples! I can't wait to go back in October for pumpkin picking!



• Football is BACK! After a long summer with no sports, it's one of my favorite times of the year! We are both in a fantasy football league, which is so much fun. I won my first week, so let's hope my streak continues! As always, we are excited to cheer on our boys in blue - GO CATS! We had Brittney, Chris and Madeline over last weekend to watch the game, which we thankfully ended up coming back and winning. Today is the big rivalry game between U of L and UK and the Hughes are having us over this week to watch ! Let's hope that we can get the win today to make it five in a row against the cardinals!


That's about all for now! I promise to update more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment