Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Our little secret!

So, it's been almost a month since my last post, and it's for good reason! Every time I sat down to write a post, all I could think about was this little secret we've been keeping! Nothing else seemed worth sharing. I wanted to broadcast it for all to see, but we also knew that we wanted to make a special announcement to all of our family and friends in person first. So, now that it is out in the open, I can finally announce that we are expecting a baby! Baby Fertig will make his or her big debut around April 19, 2012! We are so thrilled to be expanding our family and to start our journey as parents! We have been extremely blessed by this little one growing inside of me! Here are some of our first pictures of Baby Fertig from our 12 week ultrasound.

Side view

Baby Face (and arms and belly)!

So - at our 12 week appointment, we were able to hear our little one's heartbeat (167) and see them move around all over the place. I happened to say out loud that obviously it had to be a girl since she was dancing around like crazy. Kyle insisted that he still thought it was a boy. After hearing this, our ultrasound technician asked us if we were going to find out the gender. We told her that we definitely would be finding out (we are planners!!) and she proceeded to tell us that she could give us a pretty good prediction of the gender that day if we wanted to know. Of course we said yes! She told us that she was 85-90% sure that it's a....

It's hard to read, but it's pointing to a very telling body part and it says "It's a BOY?????"
Needless to say, Kyle was ecstatic to hear that he is most likely right about the gender, although we are still going to wait to do or buy anything until we find out for sure at our 20 week appointment. At this stage, sometimes girls still have a little "tail" as well, so we don't want to get too set on anything quite yet. It doesn't stop Kyle from telling everyone we know that it's a boy though. We were in Target on Saturday, and he wanted to buy this really cute pair of boy overalls, but I had to tell him to wait! Such a proud papa! I did get a call yesterday to confirm that all of my screenings from the 12 week appointment came back negative, so it looks like so far everything is looking good for a healthy, growing baby! That is really all that matters, no matter what the gender. Such good news to hear!

Now that the secret is out, I am going to be posting much more often in an effort to document this whole pregnancy experience, and also keep up better with our every day happenings as well! Life as we know it just got a whole lot better!

1 comment: