Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bumpdate - 14 Weeks!

How far along? 14 weeks today - finally moving into the second trimester!
Size of the peanut? This week, baby is the size of a lemon!

Maternity Clothes? I've decided to give in to the maternity pants pretty much full time now :) I can still wear my regular pants, but they get snug and uncomfortable throughout the day. I've tried using the belly band, but it's just doesn't work well for me. Pretty much everything else is normal clothes, but I'm thinking I'm going to need to get some other maternity basics pretty soon.
Weight Gain? About 2 pounds. I think a lot of my bump is bloating because it starts off smaller in the morning and gets bigger throughout the day.
Stretch Marks? None yet!
Gender? Our ultrasound tech guessed boy at our 12 week appointment, but still 6 more weeks until we find out for sure!
Movement? I've felt a few flutters, but so excited to feel some bigger movements!
Sleep? Not so great - I'm having a really hard time not sleeping on my stomach. I usually sleep OK until I have to wake up and use the bathroom. Then I'm pretty much wide awake!
Food Cravings? I've been craving pizza, mexican and fruit pretty much my whole first trimester. Randomly I was craving toaster strudels, so I bought some at the grocery last week. I don't think I've eaten those in at least 5 years, if not longer - yum!
What I Miss? Occasionally I've craved a nice glass of wine! Other than that, I've been missing sandwiches. A nice Jimmy John's or Jersey Mike's turkey sandwich sounds amazing!
Symptoms? Nausea in the morning and at night, fatigue, breakouts, some pulling/stretching in my stomach. Hopefully some of these things will get better in the 2nd trimester!
Best Moment of the Week?  Going shopping this past weekend and seeing all of the tiny baby clothes. I can't wait to find out the gender for sure so we can start buying sweet outfits for our little one!

Here's a bump picture that Kyle took Sunday afternoon - whoa do I look huge! I'm still thinking some of it is bloating, but at the same time I have a short torso, so there's not a whole lot of room for a baby to go. I'm guessing this bump might be here to stay :)



No comments:

Post a Comment