So, the crying started Saturday. I left Hudson with Kyle so I could go get a pedicure, and when I leaned down to kiss him goodbye, I started tearing up. I wasn't sad to leave him with Kyle (he does great with him), I was just sad thinking about how I would have to leave him on Monday. I cried again Sunday night as I was feeding him right before bed. Then on the way to daycare, again on my way from daycare into work, and then one last time when I ran home to grab something at lunch. There were several other times throughout the day where I got a lump in my throat and wanted to cry, but I was able to calm myself down. My girls at work brought in bagels and doughnuts and helped to distract me! Thanks so much ladies!
I did call and check on him around lunch time, and they said he was doing great. They said he was a really good eater and burper - ha! That's my boy! When Kyle picked him up yesterday, they said his first day went really well overall and that he was a really good baby. The only downfall is that he didn't take very good naps there, but hopefully that will get better as he gets used to it. They said he was very content just to look around and watch the other babies. He was a little fussy when he first got home, so I fed him and then let him take a little nap snuggled up with me. He was exhausted! We ate dinner and played with him a little bit, and before we knew it, it was time for him to take a bath and go to bed. That part will take some getting used to for me, as I'm used to seeing him all day long. I'll just have to soak up every minute at night and on the weekends with my sweet boy!
Today, he went to Yaya's for the day! Kyle and I went over there for lunch and hung out with him for a little bit. It was nice to get a little Hudson "fix" in the middle of the day. Hopefully we will be able to do that often, as long as our schedules allow.
It's definitely going to take some time to get used to our new routine, but I think everything will work out for the best. Everyone says it gets easier! Thank you to all of our wonderful friends and family that prayed for us and sent words of encouragement yesterday. I know Hudson will learn so much at daycare from the teachers and will make lots of friends. I also know he will enjoy spending time with his Yaya on Tuesdays and Nonna and Poppy on Thursdays. Eventually he will go to daycare full time, but it's nice that we have this transition time. We are very blessed!
| Hudson and I at lunch with Aunt Brittney on one of my last days off before going back to work |

Yay for Hudson! I'm so glad he had a great day at daycare!! He will have a BFF in no time!
ReplyDelete