Saturday, July 21, 2012

Catching up...

It's no secret that having a newborn is tough, but I don't think I realized just how hard it was going to be. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing and wonderful at the same time, but you just can't understand how things change until it actually happens to you. I envisioned a maternity leave where I had plenty of time to read books, catch up on TV shows, keep a spotless house and make dinner for my family every night, in addition to taking care of my perfect, non-crying baby. HA! Although I accomplished none of those things, I did get to spend lots of precious time with my little man. We went through some struggles with tummy pain and spit up, but mostly we had lots of wonderful bonding moments with snuggles and smiles that I would not trade for anything!

Another thing I thought I'd be able to keep up with during maternity leave is this blog...I thought I'd post a couple times a week with all the things Hudson was doing along with a ton of pictures. I quickly learned that blog posts might happen once a week, or more likely every two weeks. We take lots of pictures, but it takes time to upload them to the computer, pick out just a few from the 100's we take, and then edit them. Then I have to find time to sit down and write out a blog post, and as you know, I can be a little long-winded :)

So anyway, now that I am back to work and we are getting into somewhat of a routine, I've had some time to get caught up on some posts that I should have written a long time ago. I back-dated the posts so that they are in order for when I print out our blog at the end of the year into a book (this blog will act as sort of a baby book for Hudson), so below is a list of links to those posts. I believe I am completely caught up, other than Hudson's 3 month post, which is coming tomorrow (only a week late!). Enjoy!

Maternity Pictures:
http://kdlifeasweknowit.blogspot.com/2012/07/maternity-pictures.html

Baby Shower #3:
http://kdlifeasweknowit.blogspot.com/2012/04/baby-shower-3.html

The Nursery:
http://kdlifeasweknowit.blogspot.com/2012/05/the-nursery.html

Newborn Pictures:
http://kdlifeasweknowit.blogspot.com/2012/05/hudsons-newborn-pictures.html

Birth Announcement:
http://kdlifeasweknowit.blogspot.com/2012/07/blog-post_05.html

Back to Work:
http://kdlifeasweknowit.blogspot.com/2012/07/back-to-work.html

3 year Anniversary:
http://kdlifeasweknowit.blogspot.com/2012/07/3-years.html

1 comment:

  1. I'm using our blog as a baby book too :)

    Let me tell you how much I agree with your post! Nothing like I expected...haha!

    ReplyDelete