Well, I guess it's true what they say - you just don't do things quite the same the second time around! With Hudson, I think I posted a bumpdate the day I turned 14 weeks and was diligent about it every week. With this one, I finally have about 10 minutes to sit down and write something at 20 WEEKS!! That means we are already half way there, and I haven't recorded a single thing. Poor child! I will be sure to give her extra love when she gets here for my obvious parenting fail :)
I am using a different format for this time around that I got from another blog, as I thought it was a fun way to keep track of my pregnancy and include a little bit of Hudson since he's going to be such a good big brother!
Marination Time: 20 Weeks - half way there! In some ways this seems so quick, and in other ways it seems like I should be further along. Maybe because my belly seems to think I am further along, and is definitely showing itself more than it did with Hudson at this point! Click here to see me at 20 weeks with Hudson.
Gender: GIRL! Our ultrasound tech guessed at 14 weeks (girl), we went for an early ultrasound at 16 weeks (girl), and then yesterday at the 20 week appointment they confirmed once and for all that it is indeed a girl! We are about 99% sure we have a full name, so I'll post about that once we decide 100%.
Feeling: Just tired pretty much all the time, but happy! It's hard work to grow a human, but even harder when you have another tiny human to take care of on the outside as well. It's getting harder for me to carry Hudson and I just generally feel fatigued quicker these days. Huge props to Kyle for being super husband and Dad and helping out so much with Hudson and around the house. I don't know how we would have survived the first part of my pregnancy without him! He's so good about stepping in when he knows I'm tired, and I am grateful for that! I also had a little bit of swelling in my left foot the other day, so I'm trying to be really diligent about drinking water to help! I am a little worried about the swelling as we head into summer - it's supposed to be a hot one!
Cravings/Aversions: Well, after being SO sick for the first 16 weeks or so (I'm talking 24-7 nausea and also some lovely throwing up), I am finally pretty much back to normal. I still have to be careful with mexican food or spicy things, and I've also noticed that caffeine makes me feel bad if I have too much. I have really been trying to drink lots of water and eat small meals/snacks throughout the day, and that seems to help! Recently I have been craving sour candy - I found some extreme sour patch kids at the store the other day, and I can't get enough!! Baby girl likes them too because she starts dancing around when I eat them!
Movement: I am feeling her move around more and more each day. She definitely responds to sugar (is that a bad sign?) and I feel her move quite a bit when I lay down to relax each night. No big kicks or anything, but she's doing something in there to make me feel her. Kyle even felt a little movement on the outside the other night. I love this part of pregnancy - it's just such a cool experience to feel them moving around inside of you.
Sleep: Pretty good. I had to break down and buy another pregnancy pillow (my other one is in storage) because I was having a hard time sleeping on my side. The new one is AMAZING and has helped so much, but it's still not my preferred way to sleep. I wake up a couple times a night to re-adjust and then go right back to sleep. So far I haven't had to get up for potty breaks, but I know that's coming!
#2 compared to #1: As I mentioned earlier, my bump is much larger this time around. I feel more like I'm 30 weeks along instead of 20, but I know that's common with #2. I also feel like I'm carrying her lower than I did Hudson.
Highlight of the week: Getting to see baby girl at our ultrasound yesterday and knowing that she looks to be healthy and growing right on track! Also, it's exciting to finally feel confident enough to start buying some girly things - can't wait to buy headbands and PINK! I also really enjoyed celebrating Mother's Day on Sunday - I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be a Mommy! It is a tough job, but it is also SO rewarding. I feel lucky to be carrying another healthy little one and can't wait to welcome her to our family!
Big Brother Update: Hudson is FINALLY saying that he has a baby sister. For the longest time he kept saying "No, I want a baby brother!" I think he's still confused about why she is in my belly and won't come out (he asks me all the time to get her out), but he knows that she needs to grow and grow before she can come out and see us. We are trying to talk about baby girl and get him used to her without bombarding him or making him feel like he's not important. I know he is still such a baby himself (even though his is a "Big Boy"), so I want to make sure we make the most of our time as a family of three this summer and make him feel super special!
![]() |
| He LOVES his new Thomas rain boots that he got for his birthday |
![]() |
| Love this oh so serious, "cool man" pose |
![]() |
| My silly boy - he loves to make us laugh |
| So excited for me to eat muffins with him at school for Mother's Day |





No comments:
Post a Comment