Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bumpdate - 23 Weeks

How far along? 23 Weeks - only 118 days to go!

Baby is the size of: The website I've been using says I'm still at a papaya, another website says large mango. All of these fruit sizes are starting to confuse me :) 

Maternity Clothes? Definitely - I'm loving the elastic waistband this time of year :)

Stretch Marks? Nope! I am now using two different oils and cocoa butter, and have been very diligent about applying, so hopefully these stay away!

Sleep? Sleep has been very good lately. I'm sleeping better and later, so I can't complain in this department. I'm soaking it up while I can!

Movement? Baby boy moves around all the time now! It's still small movements, but I love feeling him.

Cravings? I had the most amazing Crab Rangoon sushi roll this past weekend (don't worry it's cooked crab and OK to eat) and it's all I can think about!

Gender? It's a BOY! 

Belly Button In or Out? Still in

What I miss: I've had several holiday events/dinners lately and I have definitely wanted to drink a glass of wine with everyone else.

Symptoms: HEARTBURN/acid reflux - still! At my doctor appointment today she said I'll probably have it the rest of my pregnancy because it's hormonal, and may even get worse as baby boy grows bigger and starts pushing up against my stomach. She told me to start taking either Pepcid or Zantac every day, so hopefully that helps!

Best moment of the week? I had an appointment today...I am measuring right on track (which means he's growing and developing right on track) and I got to hear that sweet heartbeat again - 145 and strong! While listening to the heartbeat, she also said "wow, he's really active" - which is really good for reassurance that everything is OK in there, but also kind of scary to this mama. Between Kyle and an active little boy, I might be in trouble :)

What I am looking forward to: Celebrating Christmas this weekend - I absolutely love this time of year, and spending time with family. There are a few presents under the tree for baby boy, so I am excited to see what he gets. He is so loved! Kyle is also going to try to paint the nursery next week while he's off work, so I'm excited to pick out colors sometime this weekend and get going on the nursery!

Here I am at 23 weeks! Kyle had actually taken a better picture of me, but I couldn't get the card reader to work this morning to get the picture, so an iPhone picture will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment