Baby is the size of: a Pumpkin! WOW! Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. His head is now about the same circumference as his abdomen.
Maternity Clothes? All maternity. I have a rotation of about 10-15 outfits that fit comfortably these days. The only shoes that really fit are my flip-flops.
Stretch Marks? Still none!
Sleep? Pretty good - still up frequently for bathroom breaks.
Movement? He has been moving around like crazy - especially at night. My whole belly dances around with his movements. Some of the movements are a little painful as he is gaining more weight and strength, but I love feeling him!
Cravings? Sweet tea, ice cream
Gender? It's a BOY - Hudson!
Belly Button In or Out? Still in....I think I'm going to make it!
What I miss: At this point, a lot of things. Nothing is "normal" right now, but we have a healthy baby boy on the way, so I definitely don't want to complain!
Symptoms: Heartburn and swelling in my feet and hands. My cankles are out of control - they look like marshmallows or as I've been calling them, "Shrek feet."
Best moment of the week? Everything looked great at my appointment this week! Also, Hudson really was our good luck charm, and after 14 years of waiting, the CATS won the national championship!! It's such an exciting time for our team and our Alma mater! After we won in the final four last Saturday night (against in-state rival Louisville, which was a great game), I swear Hudson was doing the CATS cheer in my belly - he was going crazy! Our team was able to play well and hold on Monday night against Kansas to bring Championship #8 back to Lexington! Being a military brat, I honestly didn't really watch sports or have a "team" until I went to UK, but from that point forward I have bled blue. There's something really special about the heart and emotion that UK fans have for their team - many people have been raised from birth to cheer on the Wildcats. We have a lot of expectations, and most people think we're crazy, but there's a lot of pride behind the blue and white! This year's team was so much fun to watch, and they deserved to win! I also love Coach Cal, and think that he has done such great things for our program. So glad to see him get his first championship win as a coach! It may be the pregnancy hormones, but I even teared up a few times watching "One Shining Moment" and the national championship banner hanging in Rupp Arena. haha! I can't wait to see our little wildcat fan sporting the blue and white - he already has several outfits! And yes, he will be a UK fan - we will not budge on that one ;)
Here I am at 38 weeks:









No comments:
Post a Comment