How far along? 35 Weeks - only 35 days to go!
Baby is the size of: A butternut squash. At the ultrasound this week, we found out that Hudson is 5 pounds 11 ounces currently, so looks like he's a little bit ahead of the curve as far as weight goes!
Maternity Clothes? Pretty much all maternity, although I'm still able to fit into a handful of regular tops and dresses. With the weather warming up (it's 80 here in KY today!), I'm running out of clothing options, as most of my maternity clothes are winter clothes. I may have to purchase some cheap short sleeve shirts to get me through!
Stretch Marks? Still none!
Sleep? Eh. I'm getting up more frequently for bathroom breaks, and it's harder to turn over in bed. Heartburn has also been waking me up in the middle of the night too. I think it's my body's way of preparing me for inconsistent sleep once Hudson is here!
Movement? Lots of movement still, even though it's getting a little more snug in there.
Cravings? Honestly, food has been my enemy lately. There are so many things that give me heartburn these days, I sometimes don't even want to eat! But of course I do...just smaller meals if possible. I have been wanting some Tagalongs, but couldn't find them anywhere. My sweet sissy brought me a box yesterday and they are delicious! Thank you Auntie Erika - Hudson loves them too!
Gender? It's a BOY - Hudson! We confirmed this at the ultrasound yesterday as well. Kyle had this crazy fear that somehow they were wrong and a girl would come out in April. He is so excited for his baby boy - haha!
Belly Button In or Out? Still in and holding out hope it will stay that way. I'm so close to making it through without it popping out.
What I miss: It's getting really hard to get dressed/undressed and put shoes on/take them off without working up a small sweat and getting out of breath. This belly is definitely starting to get in the way!
Symptoms: Heartburn and swelling in my feet and hands.
Best moment of the week? Well, the GREAT news is that I got to see Hudson during the ultrasound yesterday (and YaYa and Nonna came too), and the ultrasound tech confirmed that he is a very healthy boy! His weight is good (5 lbs 11 oz - hello big boy!), the amniotic fluid level is good, he has a strong heartbeat and the measurements they did show that everything is looking great. They even saw what they think is a little hair on his head! The bad news is that this stubborn little man is currently breech. "Frank Breech" to be exact. In this position, the baby's buttocks are aimed at the birth canal with its legs sticking straight up in front of his or her body and the feet near the head. So, what does this mean? Unless he decides to flip to a head down position in the next couple of weeks (even though this is not very likely at this point - common Hudson you can do it!!), I will most likely be having a c-section to deliver him. Only about 4% of babies are breech. Talk about making mama worry! This is obviously not an ideal situation, but we want to do whatever is safest for baby and mama. You better believe I will be trying all sorts of "at home tactics" to try to get him to flip over the next few weeks. Frozen peas on my belly, music at the bottom of my stomach, pelvic tilts...whatever it takes! ;) Please just pray for us that either Hudson will flip, or that if needed, we will be at peace with the c-section option and that all goes well.
Here I am at 35 weeks:

You look beautiful! At least you know Hudson is healthy! Prayers for the coming weeks!!
ReplyDeleteThanks sister!
DeleteYou look beautiful. Love the belly. Can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDeleteThanks Crystal!! Are you guys going to be coming out this way anytime soon?
Delete