How far along? 36 Weeks - only 29 days to go!
Baby is the size of: Well, thebump.com says coconut, but doesn't that seem pretty small? Babycenter.com says crenshaw melon, which looks more realistic to me. He is almost 6 pounds and still packing on the pounds at a rate of about an ounce a day. Length: more than 18 1/2 inches, head to heel.
Maternity Clothes? Pretty much all maternity. I went to Target and get some short sleeve t-shirts to help me survive this warmer weather we've had lately!
Stretch Marks? Still none!
Sleep? Better than I would have expected at this point, especially compared to stories I've heard from other people. I do wake up 1-2 times to use the bathroom and have had a couple nights where I have to pop a couple of Tums to combat heartburn, but I'm still getting a fair amount of sleep. I have also been SO hot lately and pretty much only sleep with a sheet - which is totally not like me. I'm usually snuggled up in my down comforter!
Movement? I'm still feeling movement, but not as much as I had been. During my ultrasound today, she said he is pretty snug in there! My torso is super short, and he's in a weird position (more about that below), so I'm not surprised.
Cravings? Reeses eggs...mmmmmmmmm
Gender? It's a BOY - Hudson!
Belly Button In or Out? Still in and holding out hope it will stay that way. I actually kind of feel like it's even sunken back in a little, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!
What I miss: At this point, a lot of things. Nothing is "normal" right now, but we have a healthy baby boy, so I definitely don't want to complain!
Symptoms: Heartburn and swelling in my feet and hands. With the weather suddenly warming up here (it's been in the mid-upper 80's) the swelling has reached an all time high. I officially have cankles and pudgy toes, and my wedding ring really doesn't fit now. It was already a little snug, but I almost couldn't get it off the other day, so I am wearing it on my pinky now. ha! I've been really lucky up until this point though, so I think I can handle these last few weeks. The weather has been beautiful! Just remind me never to be hugely pregnant during the summer, if I can help it!
Just 2 weeks ago the trees were white with snow - now they are blooming beautiful white flowers! Crazy KY weather!
My poor tooties propped up and trying to ice them down.
Best moment of the week? Kyle and I ran several errands last weekend and stocked up on the remaining items we needed for Hudson and finished up a lot of projects in the nursery - including hanging the curtains! They really pull everything together and make it look more finished. I will post a full nursery tour soon. I just need a few final touches, one of which is coming in the mail any day now! I also did several loads of Hudson's laundry this weekend: newborn-3 month sleepers & outfits, blankets, bibs, burp cloths, etc. It was so surreal to look down in the laundry basket and see all his tiny clothes. And they smell so good! I also organized his closet and put all the large baby items that we won't be using right away in the closet in the basement. Nesting is amazing...I have had so much energy/drive to get things done!
We had my weekly appointment today, and little man was being stubborn again. The doctor couldn't tell what his positioning was during my exam, so we had another ultrasound. It was good to see him and confirm that he's still looking good, but he's also still breech. This time, however, he had one leg up by his head, and one pointed straight down and kicking me in my lower belly. The ultrasound tech and our doctor both laughed at his crazy positioning and said we have an interesting little one on our hands. We have decided against trying the version (procedure to flip him), mainly since his positioning is so complicated and we don't want to cause him any stress. We talked it through with the doctor, and have decided that's the best option for us! There's still time for him to flip on his own, and I'm going to continue to do my at-home remedies as well. Otherwise it looks like his birthday will be scheduled for April 16th. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised by anything. We'll see what he decides to do - he's already running the show around here :) Here's some pictures from this weekend:
Kyle working hard to hang the curtains!
Sweet, tiny baby laundry!
What I am looking forward to: Just enjoying the next three weeks with friends, family and Kyle. I'd like to go out to eat at our favorite places, maybe see a movie or two and just relax! For this weekend: hopefully finishing up the nursery, packing for the hospital (just in case I go into labor earlier on my own, and because I'm nesting and want to get it done), finishing our taxes and watching a whole lot of basketball. Let's GO CATS! Of course, we are SO looking forward to meeting our baby boy soon!
Here I am at 36 weeks:


No comments:
Post a Comment