Monday, March 5, 2012

Prayers

Please pray for the people and families all around us in Indiana and Kentucky who are dealing with unimaginable grief after F4 tornadoes tore through their communities. Entire towns were destroyed, houses are missing, lives have been lost and people are injured. It is completely heart-wrenching to think about what they are going through. Some of the towns affected are only 20 miles away from us - we are so lucky that these tornadoes did not hit our part of town and that our families are safe. It definitely makes me think of how thankful I am for my loved ones and how extremely blessed we are!

After watching the devastating coverage all weekend, it's hard to think of how these people are going to pick up the pieces and start rebuilding. They are going to need a lot of prayers and help. 

I took this picture on the way to work this morning (at a stop sign with no one behind me - don't worry, I was safe!) and I just had to share. It's crazy to think that this past Friday it was 70+ degrees and tornadoes were touching down. We woke up this morning (just 3 days later) to about 3-4 inches of gorgeous, thick snow. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 60 degrees. Just a simple reminder that life is unpredictable and crazy, but also incredibly beautiful if you stop and appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment