Monday, March 12, 2012

Finally - I can monogram!

After many months of thinking and planning, Kyle and I have finally agreed on a middle name! We have had a couple of options on the table for months now, but Kyle wanted to make sure that we came up with the perfect name for our little man, which of course takes time to contemplate. Does this sound familiar? We went through the same thing with the first name as well! I definitely appreciate the seriousness in which Kyle approaches this very important task, but for a planner/type A person like me, it has been hard to wait. I have been wanting to monogram Hudson's tiny little going home outfit for about 5 months now. I had given Kyle his time...

Finally, with only about 6 weeks left until Hudson makes his big debut, I told Kyle it was decision time! We sat down Thursday night and talked it through. Some of the options, we threw out based on the fact that they were six letters long. His first and last name both have 6 letters, so we didn't want to give Hudson a bad omen! We also wanted to make sure that his initials didn't spell out anything weird - like HEF. You never know what kids will make fun of! We finally narrowed it down to about 3 names, and then went through and looked at what the monogram, initials and entire name written out would look like. We also wanted to make sure it flowed well together to make a nice, strong name. After all of that, we have finally decided that his full name will be:

Hudson David

Not only does it meet all of the requirements above, but it is also Kyle's middle name! I have always kind of liked the idea of using a family name or something that has some sort of meaning for a middle name. I think Hudson will love that he has the same middle name as his Daddy!

Let the monogramming begin!! :) 


P.S. - I know I'm a little behind, but I hope to get up a post this week about the shower that Yaya and Nonna threw for Hudson a couple of weeks ago, as well as a post for the shower that our best friends Brittney and Chris threw for us this past weekend. I am also going in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning to check baby boy's positioning (ya know, since we're only about 5 weeks away - what?!?!?), so hopefully I'll get to post some cute pictures of him as well! We have lots going on to prepare for this little one's arrival!

1 comment:

  1. Great choice for a middle name!! Of course, I'm a little biased!

    ReplyDelete