Monday, January 9, 2012

Just the two of us...and a little hodgepodge

Friday night Kyle and I joined a large group of my work gals and some of their spouses for pizza and beer (well, I had water!) at Cliftons, a local pizza place that is amazingly tasty. We spent several hours just hanging out and catching up with everyone. After staying up way past my bedtime, (10:30 or so) Kyle and I went home and relaxed on the couch for a bit before calling it a night.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing projects around the house, cleaning up, organizing, and a little relaxing - just the two of us! I have to say, it's been a while since we haven't had some sort of plans on the weekend, so it was so nice to have that time together. We finally got all of the Christmas decorations put away and got our house back in order for the most part. We installed a closet organization system in Hudson's closet to utilize more of the space, and I love it! Kyle is also working on getting some new doors installed so we can access the closet better - the sliding mirror doors made it difficult to get to anything in the center of the closet. Once we finish getting the new doors installed, I'll post a picture. We also got some other organization items for cabinets and other spaces in our house. With the new year and a baby on the way, I am in super organization mode. I want to get rid of all of the clutter and utilize the space that we have. I know once Hudson arrives, his stuff will start to take over, so I want to have a place for everything. Nesting setting in, perhaps? :) We took a little time to relax and watch the UK game on Saturday night, cheering on our cats to another victory!

Kyle and I were talking Saturday night about how crazy it is that Hudson will be here so soon, and I mentioned that I really wanted to take advantage of the time that we have left as just the two of us to go on dates and really cherish our last few months together before he arrives. We definitely want to make sure that we continue to make time for each other and to go on dates once Hudson arrives too, but there's no reason not to really enjoy these last few months before our world changes - in a very good way. :) My sweet husband offered to take me to breakfast on Sunday morning to one of my favorite places, Wild Eggs. It was delicious! We spent the rest of day working on projects some more and getting things done. As much as I enjoy hanging out with friends and having lots of plans, this past weekend was one of my favorite kind of weekends. Hopefully we can have more of these weekends/days as we prepare for little man to arrive!

On somewhat of a different note, Kyle and I survived our first round of registering at Babies"R"Us last Thursday night, and are going to register tonight at Pottery Barn Kids (mostly for our bedding and a few other items). Kyle was such a good sport, and really had fun with the scan gun :) It was a bit overwhelming, but I think we were able to get most of the important items figured out. We may make another trip back to Babies"R"Us sometime soon since we've had some time to read reviews and think about things we may have forgotten.


Speaking of all things baby, I got to thinking that I haven't posted my "inspiration board" for the nursery yet. I didn't want a theme of any sort, but had some ideas for colors/patterns to make sure that Hudson had a very definite "boy room" (per Kyle's request - no girlie patterns) and that it looked like a nursery, but not too much so that we don't have to redecorate as he grows into a toddler. Below is a rough idea of our plans for the nursery. The art is not definite (I just grabbed some fun prints from the internet), but the colors are pretty representative of where we want to go. Navy blue and some green will be the accent colors, along with some other bright colors from books and art to make it more fun. I also REALLY want to do the alphabet art above the dresser, but I don't know if we're going to be able to make it fit, so there might be a gallery wall of frames there with fun pictures, quotes, etc or maybe Nonna can paint us something similar on a canvas that will fit better. ;) It's all a work in progress, but I wanted to document this on here so that we can look back once the nursery is finished and see how it evolves!

No comments:

Post a Comment