Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! As usual, it was busy and crazy, but it's all worth it to spend time with family. Here's a re-cap of our holiday!

I was off work on Christmas Eve-Eve, so Mama, Sissy and I spent the day together. We got pedicures, went to lunch and then spent the rest of the day baking cookies together. It was such a fun way to get in the Christmas spirit.


On Christmas Eve, Kyle and I woke up and watched Christmas movies while we finished wrapping presents. We knew it would be our last time to relax for the next couple of days, so it was nice to have that time together.

Our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve with all the presents wrapped
All lit up at night
On Christmas Eve, we went to church at 5:00 with Kyle's family and then headed over to my parent's house to do our family Christmas. We had a wonderful roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy - my favorite! We then gathered in the living room to open presents. We were definitely spoiled with some awesome gifts. Thank you everyone!

Kyle and I at church
Stockings at Mama and Rick's
St. Rickolaus handed out all the gifts
Sissy, Mama and Me
Christmas Day, Kyle and I woke up early and exchanged presents with each other. I love our little morning tradition with just the two of us, but I also know it will be so much fun next year when Hudson will be with us!

Stockings at our house
Kyle's gifts from me


Gifts to me from Kyle

 After we finished opening our gifts to each other, we also opened gifts from my Dad that he had sent. He also sent some gifts for Hudson (from Papa of course). Thank you so much Dad!


We then showered and got ready to celebrate Christmas at Kyle's parent's house. Unfortunately, we were so busy putting all the presents in the car that we forgot to bring our camera, so there are no pictures of our Christmas over at the Fertig house :( Hopefully I can get some pictures from Judy or Ryan and update this at some point!

We started off the morning with the traditional breakfast casserole with Kyle's family and his Granny. We then took turns opening presents. It was so much fun to see Hadley open all of her presents and get so excited about everything. I love seeing Christmas through a child's eyes. As usual, she kept us laughing! It was another wonderful celebration, and we were so blessed with all of the gifts from everyone, including more gifts for little Hudson. :) After we opened all of the gifts, we drove over to Kyle's grandparent's house for the extended family Christmas celebration. We had a yummy turkey dinner/lunch and spent time with family. We also exchanged presents in our traditional White Elephant type game with all of the adults. Once again, Hudson was gifted some adorable gifts from Kyle's Aunts and Uncles - thank you so much!

We ended the night with our traditional Christmas day movie with Mama and Rick - we saw New Year's Eve. We changed into our comfy clothes and indulged in a little movie theater popcorn and candy :) After the movie, we came home and tried to organize all of the Christmas chaos a little bit before heading to bed.

Mine and Hudson's gifts
Kyle's gifts

I will say it again - we are extremely blessed! Thank you again to everyone for your thoughtful, kind gifts! More importantly, I love all of the time that we get to spend with our families during this time of the year, and all of the traditions that we have with each of our families. Hopefully we will still be able to carry on these traditions when Hudson is here! I know it will be a little harder with a little one in tow, but hopefully we can still fit it all in next Christmas and for many more to come!

Monday, Kyle and I got to Skype with my Gram (who lives in Arizona) and open our gifts from her. It was so neat to be able to share that moment with her, and hopefully we can start that tradition with more of our relatives that we aren't able to be with on Christmas. Thank you Gram for our gifts and the adorable outfits for Hudson!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Now it's on to a new and exciting year!

No comments:

Post a Comment