Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Progress

I feel like overall I have been a fairly calm, rational pregnant person. I haven't had too many mood swings, and most of the time I feel great.  However, being the Type A person that I am, one of the things that has stressed me out is the never-ending to-do list and the decreasing countdown to Hudson's arrival. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely excited for him to be here and to meet our sweet little boy. But I want to have everything taken care of and wrapped up before he comes. Every time I look at the number of days left, or think about how many weeks we are down to, I have a slight anxiety attack thinking of all of the things that need to be done. Insurance, pediatricians, baby classes, showers, maternity leave, decorating the nursery, etc. I may have had a couple of breakdowns and cried from feeling so overwhelmed. My wonderful husband has been amazing throughout the whole process to help calm me down and assure me that it will all get done. He has also done so much to help out around the house and has been doing lots of projects for the nursery. He is going to make such a great Daddy! :)

But back to the whole to-do list...we've made some really great progress over the past few weeks, and I am feeling so much better about everything. We have looked at a couple of daycares (one more tour this week) and have some great options. Unless the one this week really blows us away, we are already on a waiting list for a daycare that we both really like, so that is pretty much checked off the list. I have my maternity leave worked out (I am going to take 10 weeks total). We are set to meet with pediatricians next month, and are set up for our all day baby class at the hospital next month as well. Shower dates are all scheduled and we registered last week at Babies"R"Us and Pottery Barn Kids. I can't wait for all of the celebrations for Hudson. There are so many people that are excited to meet him! The nursery is really starting to come together as well. This past weekend, Kyle and I went to the Pottery Barn Outlet and IKEA and found lots of good stuff. We found a glider at PB Outlet (for 1/2 off normal price!) that is amazingly comfortable, fabric for the curtains (Nonna is going to make those for us), and a topper for our dresser to make it into a changing table. We also picked up some shelves for the wall (for books) and frames for above the dresser. I also found a couple of cute decorative items at TJ Maxx this weekend as well. Kyle has to make a few more cuts on the new closet doors, and then those will be ready to be hung and painted (by Kyle of course). Most of the big things have been purchased for the room, so now it's just finding fun decorations, hanging things up and getting the bedding. Here's a little peak at the room:
The new glider chair, book shelves, and the curtain fabric hung up with chip clips for a preview of what the curtains will look like
The closet doors stood up in place. Just a few more cuts and then they will be ready to be painted white to match the trim!
Preview of the frame gallery that will go above the dresser
Bookcase - still has lots of our junk on it, but I found the piggy bank and blue basket at TJ Maxx. It's a work in progress...
 My mom (YaYa) also brought over an early shower gift last night (they have basically gutted their kitchen and are living in a little bit of chaos, so she didn't have room in her house to store it) - our stroller/carseat system! We put it together last night and wheeled it around the house a little bit. So fun! Thanks so much YaYa and Papa Rick. It's so nice to know that we have one of our big items all ready to go for Hudson!

Overall, I am feeling so much better about everything and am excited that things are coming together. The most important thing is, no matter what, we have a place for him to sleep and clothes for him to wear so we will be OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment