Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bumpdate - 16 Weeks!

How far along? 16 weeks, yesterday!
Size of the little one? This week, baby is the size of an avocado
Maternity Clothes? Pants - yes! It was easier to just give in than try to squeeze into my jeans or use the belly band. Tunics, dresses and shirts so far are all my normal clothes. I did get 3 pairs of maternity jeans for $30 total at the outlet this weekend, so that was a success!
Weight Gain? About 3 1/2 pounds according to the scale at the doctor this week
Stretch Marks? None yet!
Gender? Our ultrasound tech guessed boy at our 12 week appointment, but our doctor is guessing girl after hearing the heartbeat this week - the heart rate was 155. I guess usually girls are over 140, and boys are below. We will see at our appointment in 3 weeks!
Movement? I've felt a few flutters, but so excited to feel some bigger movements!
Sleep? It's improved a little. I think I'm just so exhausted from pregnancy and work that I have slept better recently.
Food Cravings? Mexican! I think I ate Mexican 3 or 4 times in the last week. Also, sour candy.
What I Miss? Deli sandwiches and good sleep. Also, the occasional glass of wine - but it's all worth it!
Symptoms? Nothing too bad - I've been tired still, but I think it's mostly from my crazy work schedule. I feel a lot better now that I'm in my 2nd trimester.
Best Moment of the Week?  Hearing our little one's strong heart beat at the appointment Monday - such a wonderful sound! Also, scheduling our ultrasound for November 23rd to find out if baby Fertig will be a boy or girl!! Hopefully these next 3 weeks fly by!

Here we are this morning at 16 weeks! We keep forgetting to take my picture on Sundays when we have better lighting during the day, so this is not the best quality photo, but, you get the idea :)



No comments:

Post a Comment